NSCL is located on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan. We easily can be reached by car and air.
The Lansing Capital City Airport (LAN) is serviced by five airlines. Rental cars and taxis are available for the approximately 20 minute trip to NSCL. Directions are in the right sidebar.
Wayne County Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), with its new 97-gate terminal, is serviced by all major airlines. Rental cars, the MichiganFlyer coach service and limousine service are available for the 90-120 minute trip to NSCL. Directions are in the right sidebar.
The Gerald R. Ford International Airport in Grand Rapids (GRR) and the Bishop International Airport (FNT) in Flint sometimes offer lower rates and are within 60 minutes driving distances.
Also, listed below are several local hotels where you can stay during your visit.
Please contact the Manager for User Relations if you need assistance with your travel or lodging arrangements.
NSCL has special arrangements with several hotels to provide rooms at reduced rates for NSCL users and visitors, including visitors who pay their own expenses. When making your reservation, simply identify yourself as being eligible for the MSU FRIB reduced rate.
- Kellogg Center (55 S. Harrison Road, East Lansing, 800-875-5090, 1.25 miles from NSCL) offers NSCL users and visitors the special rate of $70 per room, plus a $5 nightly amenities fee. The amenities fee includes covered parking, airport shuttles, local and long distance calls, wireless internet, and a fitness center. Kellogg will provide transportation between the hotel and NSCL or Capitol City Airport, if arrangements are made in advance.
- University Quality Inn (3121 East Grand River, Lansing, 517-351-1440, 2.5 miles from NSCL) offers NSCL users and visitors a special rate of $70 per room using the FRIB rate code. This rate includes a full hot breakfast, high speed internet access, and pre-arranged airport and local shuttle service.
- Staybridge Suites (3553 Meridian Crossings Drive, Okemos, 517-347-3044, 5 miles from NSCL) offers NSCL guests a Studio Room Rate of $89, or a One-Bedroom Suite for $109. The hotel offers free, hot breakfast and laundry facilities.
- East Lansing Marriott (300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, 517-337-4440, 1 mile from NSCL) offers NSCL guests Concierge-level rooms with breakfast at $104 per night, or $84 per night if staying 10 or more continuous days. This hotel also provides a shuttle to the airport and campus.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott (2855 Hannah Boulevard, East Lansing, 517-203-1000, 1 mile from NSCL) offers NSCL visitors the special rate of $69 for Studio Suites and $99 for Two-Bedroom Suites. Half of the Studio Suites have a pull-out sofa bed and can accommodate two persons.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott (2335 Woodlake Drive, Okemos, 517-347-1000, 5 miles from NSCL) offers NSCL visitors the special rate of $65 for a standard room with either a king bed or two double beds.
- Gatehouse Suites - East Lansing (1600 East Grand River Avenue, East Lansing, 517-332-7711, 0.5 mile from NSCL) offers NSCL guests the special rate of $65 for Studio Suites ($60 for 5+ consecutive nights) and $85 for Two-Bedroom Penthouses ($80 for 5+ consecutive nights). To get these rates, guests should identify themselves as eligible for the FRIB and MSU Cyclotron Lab rate. The room rate includes a free, full breakfast buffet (hot food) daily plus evening meals (Monday through Wednesday) at no charge.
- Candlewood Suites (3545 Forest Road, Lansing, 517-351-8181, about 3 miles from NSCL) offers NSCL visitors the special rate of $55 for Studio Suites and $75 for One-Bedroom Suites, for a visit of 1-6 nights. If you are staying more than 6 nights, ask about an even further reduced rate.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites (2209 University Park Dr., Okemos, 517-347-6690, about 5 miles from NSCL) offers rooms at $79 under the "Michigan State Administration" rate.
- Several other hotels are available in East Lansing or the nearby town of Okemos; search travel Web sites such as Travelocity for more information.
For rentals of 30 days or more, some area hotels offer the following special rates: Candlewood Suites - $39/night; Fairfield Inn by Marriott - $55/night; Kellogg Center - $61/night.
Other housing options include the following; to avail of them, please contact the Manager for User Relations.
- Guest Apartments (across campus, Owen Hall 0.1 mile from NSCL) In many of the MSU dormitories, there are VIP or Guest apartments which have a bedroom, a living room, and sometimes a small kitchen. NSCL is presently renting two apartments in Owen Hall and one in Van Hoosen Hall for the use of NSCL users and guests. The rate is $45 per night per apartment.
- Owen Hall (0.1 mile from NSCL) Dormitories are available at Owen Hall and are suitable for students staying for long periods of time or users with small budgets. The charge for dorm rooms at Owen Hall is $36/night, which includes an $8.50/day meal allowance in the Owen Cafeteria.